Meet Anthony Pack: A Baseball Superstar

Photo of Anthony Pack up to bat. (Photo Courtesy of Anthony Pack)

Anthony Pack Jr. is probably a name you’ve heard if you are a fan of Millikan baseball. He is part of Millikan’s varsity baseball team and plays in the outfield. Pack has worked his way up and is currently ranked eighth in Perfect Game’s (PG) National Rankings as a junior, which is a highly respected organization. 

This organization holds tournaments and rankings for kids from 6U to 18U.  Being ranked so highly at a national level allows players higher potential to be scouted. In fact, PG’s website states, “No independent organization has actually seen anywhere near the number of players who are selected each year in the MLB Draft.”

“Anthony is a very talented individual, he’s a leader, he’s an analyst to our team, he is such a great hard working young man with a great personality. His enthusiasm is very infectious throughout and we are lucky to have him here,” said Mr. Keester, the varsity coach for Millikan Baseball.

The PG website described Pack as having centerfielding speed and instincts. They also highlight his “outstanding left-handed swing with power and barrel accuracy.”

Pack started playing baseball at the age of four and has fallen in love with the sport ever since. Because he is a lefty he was limited with his ability of choosing positions. He has been a first baseman and a pitcher, but his favorite has always been centerfield. 

Photo of Pack on in centerfield. (Photo courtesy of Anthony Pack)

“I love that it’s a team game and can’t be won with only one person,” says Pack. He hopes to continue playing baseball for as long as possible. The next step in his career would be continuing both his baseball and academic career at the University of Texas on his scholarship. Outside of baseball, Pack can see himself becoming a firefighter in the future. 

In his free time he enjoys hanging out with friends, being outdoors, and of course continuing to train for baseball. 

Pack has various threads of support all around him. His biggest inspirations are his parents who “don’t take no for an answer and continue to work,” said Pack. His sister and coaches are also great supporters to him and his goals. 

We all look forward to keeping up with Pack and seeing what he accomplishes in this current season and the following year. He continues to inspire us to push our limits and strive for greatness. 

2
View Comments (2)