Gearing up for Softball Season

Lauren Cantwell
Photo of Millikan Varsity Softball

Millikan High School’s Varsity Softball team’s Moore League season is starting up soon. After three successful years of winning first place in the Moore League in 2021, 2022, and 2023, the girls are planning to continue this three-peat in the upcoming months. 

To continue this legacy, the girls will have to work hard and persevere to beat their long-standing rival Lakewood High School, who is sure to be one of the toughest teams our girls will face. But this year, after a difficult and close loss against Poly last year on Apr. 5, 2023, the Lady Rams will have to bring their A-game and overcome the obstacles that this year will bring. 

Photo of Varsity Softball 2024 Schedule, courtesy of Millikan Softball Instagram

“We’ve set ourselves up to have a pretty good season, playing with top-ranked schools outside of the league, and hopefully that’ll set us up to dominate in the league and win for a fourth time,” expressed Softball Coach Michelle Lehr.

“I feel confident with myself and the team, we have a lot of talent, and our bond as a team has really gotten stronger, we’re ready for this upcoming season,” says MBA Senior, Hailey Ibara.

The Ram’s first Moore League game is on Mar. 7, 2024, against Compton so go support Millikan at Home Field! (Enter through the Auditorium Gate). For an exciting and adrenaline-filled game, go watch Millikan play Lakewood on Mar. 26, 2024, at Mayfair Park! It’s sure to be lively and exhilarating. Visit their Instagram page for more information, pictures, and updates.

3
View Comments (3)