Teacher Features

Thank you for joining us for another Staff and Teacher Feature. This issue we will be presenting to you Ms. Terry, the new QUEST English 3-4 Accelerated teacher, and Ms. Erica Arteaga, the new SEGA Chemistry and Forensic Science teacher. 

Ms. Terry has joined the QUEST family this year, teaching sophomores. With a Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from California State University Long Beach she began her career in education 17 years ago. She started at Jordan High School, then she transferred to Compton High School. Her journey at Compton came to an end, which led her to Cerritos High School for 13 years. 

“My goals and expectations for my students are that all of my students are able to read complex texts with an understanding and develop writing skills that communicate their ideas clearly. I am looking forward to watching my students grow academically and getting to know the staff more,” said Ms. Terry. “Also, I would like the students to know that I have been an AP Reader for AP English Language and Composition for 6 years and all students can stop by 834 if they need any extra tips for the exam.”

Outside of school, Ms. Terry enjoys going to basketball games. “I am a basketball fanatic. I usually go out and watch a basketball game. Go Celtics!” said Ms. Terry.

We cannot wait to see what Ms. Terry and her students accomplish together this year!

Next, we would like to present Ms. Erica Arteaga, a new member of our SEGA department, where she teaches Chemistry.

Photo of Ms. Erica Arteaga speaking to her students. (Astrid Peterson)

Ms. Arteaga received a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of California Los Angeles and a Master of Arts in Education from California State University Dominguez Hills. Currently, she has more than 11 years of teaching experience along with a Master’s Degree in Education. 

Prior to working at Millikan, Ms. Arteaga was employed by the Los Angeles Unified School District and was a staff member at Stephen White Middle School in Carson. 

“There are many responsibilities that come with being a teacher, but our primary role involves sharing knowledge and providing educational guidance,” she says. “My goal is to have a fun and successful school year full of learning.”

Ms. Arteaga’s favorite thing about Millikan is that, “Everyone I have encountered here is very nice and welcoming. The students are awesome, and I love that there is always some activity going on, something for everyone.”

We appreciate all the work Ms. Erica Arteaga and Ms. Terry are doing to make our campus a better place.