The Student News Site of Millikan High

The Corydon

The Corydon

The Student News Site of Millikan High

The Corydon

The New President Joe Biden

The New President Joe Biden

By Hailey Rice

Staff Reporter

As the new year approached, the 2020 Election was one of the most important elections. This decided if Donald Trump would continue to be president, or if Joe Biden of the Democratic party would take over. After a back and forth election, Joe Biden won with 306 electoral votes. 

Many people celebrated because of this win, but many were also upset about the election outcome. Even Donald Trump himself claimed that the election was “stolen.” Although this election was chaotic, the celebration for Joe Biden was massive. Even other countries were celebrating his win. 

A junior at Millikan states, “I am really relieved to have Biden and Vice President Harris in the White House because while I do not agree with all the policies and ideas they believe in, they are way better than Trump. Biden has enacted more change in the first fifteen days than Trump did in four years and he acts much more responsibly and presidentially, so I am very happy to have Biden in the White House.” 

President Biden has made many excutive actions, such as, banning discrimination on the basis of gender identity. This will not allow federal jobs, like the Military, to discriminate against a person based on their gender.

Photo from flickr.com

Joe Biden’s National Speech 2020

There are also many students who disagree with Biden, like a Millikan MBA student. He states, “He has made our country open borders so anyone can come into our country at any time. I don’t agree with what he says or what he believes in.”

This MBA student does not agree with the executive order to open the United States’ border. He’s reffering to the President ending the ban on U.S. entry from majority-Muslim countries. Biden’s proclamation reversed Trump’s policy that barred entry to the U.S. for refugees and residents from seven predominantly Muslim countries and orders plans within 45 days for resuming visa processing.

This is just the beginning of Joe Biden’s Presidency, with four, possibly eight more years to go. What will be in store for the next few years and how will the community respond?

1
View Comments (1)