The Student News Site of Millikan High

The Corydon

The Corydon

The Student News Site of Millikan High

The Corydon

The Cutting Board

Photo courtesy of Vincent Madden. This photo depicts some of the crew making sandwiches to donate.

New to Millikan this year is the very exciting, especially scrumptious, Sandwich Club. This club was started this year by QUEST juniors Vincent Madden, Kaden Serdengecti, and PEACE senior Darren Satterfield. This creative idea came to mind in hopes to create something new and unique. With the help of Mrs. Cruz, the teacher supervisor in room 415, they made it happen.

“Well I was not BREADY for this ridiculousness, but then as the year started I’ve really been on a ROLL,” says the very enthusiastic and humorous Mrs. Cruz.

The club meets once a month in Ms. Cruz’s room on Thursdays. As a member of the club, I have shown up to enjoy all the fun puns and free sandwiches that the club offers. It is a great experience and fun way to meet new people.

Photo courtesy of Vincent Madden. Photo of the Sandwich Club founders.

“We do a lot of ridiculous things in this club, but we really are just trying to get everyone to love sandwiches just as much as we do,” said Madden.

This club is not just for laughs and giggles. This honorable club has also held a donations drive where the group worked together to raise money for people in need. They were able to raise up to $120 and they went to the Ronald McDonald House to make and deliver the sandwiches for families staying close to their children battling serious illnesses in the hospital next door.

If all goes well, this club will continue in following years and it is definitely one that you should consider signing up for.