“Scary Hours 3”

Maialen Teagle-Alarcon
Photo of an AirPod in the ear of a music listener.

Photo of Scary Hours 3’s album cover (Maialen Teagle-Alarcon)

Although Drake, the Canadian superstar who has dropped multiple best-selling rap albums is taking a short break for his health, he’s done it again. He dropped an extended play (EP) that is a continuation of his Scary Hours series: Scary Hours 3 on Nov. 17, 2023.

The EP is on Drake’s most recent studio album, “For All The Dogs,” it was retitled as “For All The Dogs Scary Hours Edition.” The songs bring classic Drake back, with his unique, smartly placed lyrics, and “prime Drake” flow! He posted the EP’s album cover on his Instagram “champagnepapi,” which illustrates fairy vibes featuring girls holding hands on a purple background. 

Also on his Instagram, Drake posted a video announcement a day before the EP was released with a monologue stating that he hasn’t been in the same mental state since he released his fourth studio album “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late.” The EP is six songs long and was made in just five days. One of the songs called “Evil Ways” has a feature from J. Cole.

I was surprised Drake released new music just after he released a full studio album a few weeks before. When I started the first track, ‘Red Button,” it was different and refreshing. I think Drake put more effort into this EP than “For All The Dogs”. 

When I took the time to listen to the EP, I was pleased with the outcome and much prefer it over “For All The Dogs”. There is more replay value in the six songs and certain moods are displayed throughout. 

If you’re looking for a casual Drake song, “Stories About My Brother” and “Wick Man” are the best choices. However, if you’re looking for a hype song to get you going, “Red Button” and “You Broke My Heart” are great options!
“Scary Hours 3” is a great classic Drake EP and I would recommend a listen!

4
View Comments (4)