Rams Without Limits

Kalani Burke
Photo of Rams Without Limits with Angelina Del Gaudio during their winter assembly performance.

Did you attend the winter assembly? You know, the one in the auditorium with loud music and dancing right before our holiday break? If you attended Assembly A (the one starting at the first half of class), you must have seen the dance group performing to “Winter Wonderland / Here Comes Santa Claus” by Anna Kendrick and Snoop Dogg.

This dance group is called Rams Without Limits, a club building a community where neurodivergent students can learn to dance.

According to Angelina Del Gaudio, they are “an after-school, neurodivergent dance program where we give students from our special education department and neurotypical students the opportunity to come together and form a rich community based on dance.”

Angelina Del Gaudio is a senior in QUEST and the president and creator of Rams Without Limits. Del Gaudio is the type of student who does a lot for her community. She is a Girl Scout, is on the LBUSD superintendent’s student advisory board, and completed Youth Leadership Long Beach in 2023.

With the help of administration, especially Principal Mr. Vega, Assistant Principal Mr. Hayes, and Dance Instructor Ms. Waters, she created Rams Without Limits last school year in January, which was a part of her gold award for Girl Scouts. 

Rams Without Limits has improved our Millikan community by connecting students and bridging the gap between individuals with disabilities and those without disabilities.

By introducing students in the special education program to dance, they have also created a community of trust with friendships and have allowed these students to show that they have many abilities to offer.

The cool thing about this club is that anyone can join. You don’t need a background in dance, or even know how to dance. This way, anyone can help build a better and more diverse community.

Photo of Rams Without Limits in the winter assembly. (Kalani Burke)

Rams Without Limits performs during the winter assemblies each year, as well as the spring show with dance. The way that they prepare for shows is to start with a name game to get to know each other and build trust. Like any other dance group or class, they learn a part of the dance bit by bit, until they can perform all the choreography. 

Del Gaudio has already seen the effects of her club on the Millikan campus. Volunteers high-five their dance buddies, bridging the gap between individuals in special education and students in the general population.

“It makes [participating students from special education] feel good and also it makes them feel seen. Not often do you see pieces where people are supporting and writing about kids who are neurodivergent,” continues Del Gaudio.

If you want to be a part of this community and help other students be heard and seen, you can email Angelina Del Gaudio, or go to their club meetings. They meet every Wednesday, at 4 pm in the dance room (which is in the small gym, behind the basketball court).

6
View Comments (6)