QSP’s “Beacon of Light”

QSPs Beacon of Light

By Jaden Tsai
Copy Editor

QSP’s “Beacon of Light”

By Jaden Tsai

Copy Editor

Most people have a lot of trouble moving between homes, and would have even more trouble moving between Texas and California. This is what Ms. Brenda Tubbs did, and began teaching just two weeks later. 

Ms. Tubbs is the new QUEST Senior Project (QSP) teacher, teaching the class alongside Dr. Nolasco. QSP is a class in which Quest seniors create a project that helps the local community. Ms. Tubbs sees this class as being a “beacon of light”. 

“I feel that when students willingly participate in community service, they grow so much as individuals,” she says.

QSP has never had a set curriculum, but Ms. Tubbs hopes to push the program in a direction that is more focused on the betterment of the community than years prior. 

“We’re about to hand the world over to you. What do you want it to look like? How do you want it to operate? How should it be better? How can I make it better? And that’s where I want this program to start focusing the students on, not just senior year, but beyond that.”

Ms. Tubbs looks forward to this new chapter. 

“I tell my kids I feel like this is like Disneyland right now, I’m having so much fun teaching what is just a dream to me”