The Student News Site of Millikan High

The Corydon

The Corydon

The Student News Site of Millikan High

The Corydon

Homecoming: Return of the Rams

By Drew Hannon and Charlie Hex

Athletics Editor

News Editor

Homecoming is arriving soon with a week of fun activities beginning Oct 18. The theme this year is Return of the Rams to reflect coming back to school from a virtual world. 

The theme involves components from the popular franchise Star Wars, with five corresponding dress-up days. Most importantly though is the theme for the homecoming game which is “dark side day”. It is essentially a blackout theme where the goal is to wear as much black clothing and accessories as possible. 

On Friday, Oct. 22, there will be a homecoming carnival complete with an alternate schedule. Tickets can be purchased the week of Oct 18 at the banker’s office, ASB, or select teachers. 

Seniors had the opportunity to run for homecoming court, but the deadline to submit your application has unfortunately passed. Sometime soon however you can look forward to voting for who you think should be homecoming royalty.  

The homecoming dance will take place directly after the game outside the gym. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased from the banker or online three days after the homecoming contract has been signed by both the attending student and their guardian. 

Students are allowed to bring up to one off campus guest who is 19 years or younger. In order to do this, the guest must fill out and sign their own homecoming guest contract, and get their Millikan student to purchase their ticket. 

Homecoming is a great way to connect with your school and have fun at the same time, so be sure to get that contract signed and pick up your tickets soon!

Photo credit: Millikan ASB Instagram page; image depicts information about the homecoming dance such as date, time, place, etc.
3
View Comments (3)