A Gamer’s Holy Grail

A Gamer’s Holy Grail

Kezziah Hernandez

Web Editor 

As Sony announced in September, PlayStation 5 was finally released on November 12th. Making a long awaited arrival, and leaving Sony unable to restock due to the mass purchases of the console. To get your hands on a PS5 is equivalent to reaching the holy grail for these gamers. 

Gamers were not only excited due to the new console, but the games that you were capable of playing on the PS5, these games were exclusive to the PS5 or exclusive to the Sony franchise, this includes; Spider-man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, Godfall, Borderlands 3. Other games have yet to be released but will be strictly released to Sony’s PS4 and PS5 such as; Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Marvel Avengers, and Cyberpunk 2077, Far Cry 6, Resident Evil Village, Solar Ash and more. 

If you are worried about the PS4 games you’ve already purchased, don’t! Some are getting updated into the PS5 like; Destiny 2, FIFA 21, Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto 5, Madden NFL 21, NBA 2k21, Observer: System Redux, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, and Watch Dogs: Legion. This is only a handful of the games that will be available to play on the new console. 

Millikan’s student body has different opinions on the PS5; some were not so interested as some don’t play video games at all. Millikan Ram’s gamer community said they were excited to see some new popular releases with action such as; Call of Duty Cold War, GTA 6, Spiderman Miles Morales, CyberPunk 2077. Some were more excited for their atheletic games including Fifa21 and 2k21. Some were excited for adventure games like Sackboy: A Big Adventure and of course we can’t forget the long time favorite of many, Fortnite. Millikan’s student body is filled with enthusiastic gamers including our own Gaming Sports team.

Landon Owen, a junior in MBA and PS4 player shared their enthusiasm saying, “I’m very excited, I’ve been looking forward to this release for a long time coming.” He continued with what games he was looking forward to the most, “Call of Duty, Fifa 21, and Madden are ones I’m stoked to play.” He continued with, “My main interests are the upgrades with the new console, new adaptive triggers on the controls, and how fast it loads.” 

With the PS5 being pre-ordered and then people waiting in Black Friday lines it leaves it nearly impossible to get a PS5. Sony came out with a statement saying that it may be this way until March or April of 2021. Though, those who have reviewed it and the hype of it all, makes the PS5 worth the wait.