Invincible is a Masterpiece

By Elijah Williams 
Athletics Editor

Invincible is an animated superhero show that is based on a comic book series. It is written by Robert Kirkman and frankly, it is a masterpiece. The story centers around Invincible, the main character, who is wanting to become a superhero just like his father, named Omni-Man. 

However, the fact remains that not everyone is a fan of the show. 

Morgan Martinez, a COMPASS 11th grade student says, “I have never seen the show.” Kirkman is also known for his work on The Walking Dead, which explains why Invincible is so bloody and portrays characters in such a realistic manner. 

PHOTO COURTESY OF JOESHUSTERAWARD.COM:
Photo shows the invincible cover art done by Darwyn Cooke

The offical art throughout the series is standard but occasionally it takes a more serious perspective with it’s darker themes. Even in its most serious moments, the way the animation flows throughout the series is flawless. It feels like a comic book coming out of the pages. Although, some viewers were concerned that the animation was going to be stiff but in reality, it is quite the opposite. 

In terms of the characters, the realism is astounding. The show includes some characters who are Spoofs of DC characters, such as The Immortal, Darkwing, War woman, Red Rush, Aquarius, Martian Man, and Green Ghost (other DC shows based on the Justice league).  Invincible’s goal is to help people just like his father and be with his girlfriend Amber.The Show started on March 25, 2021 and you can watch the show on Amazon Video.

3
View Comments (3)